I, Kunle Lawal The FCT Senatorial Candidate of the Alliance for New Nigeria for The Love of the Capital and My Country would make this Service Pact to you, My Constituents of Abuja.
-I believe that we spent a tad too much on Elected salaries and know as a single senator I won’t be able to change that immediately but I could teach the people to demand it from other Senators by giving 80% of mine (After Declaring my exact allowances) to a Municipal at a town-hall meeting each month with a municipal to decide with the people of that municipal what to be done with it.
– I would remain a Senator that would walk around the people as our security apparatus is overstretched protecting very important persons.
– I would push a bill that creates room for an elected mayor of Abuja and not the appointed federal minister that operates at the discretion of the President.
– I believe Nigeria has ethnic issues because we operate a state of origin and not state of residence system- I have postulated why can’t Chioma come from Kebbi and Aisha from Abia. What’s core is we are Nigerians first.
- Every one is Marginalized in Abuja, Especially with Rent, Education, PLWD ( People living with Disability), Children with Special needs and Health I would be at the forefront of these challenges with Legislative bills to solve this
- I would remain Accessible to the best of my Abilities and would create not only weekly meetings with constituents but set up a call center to that effect
- The Centre of Unity – Must Accommodate and Tolerate ALL
These remain My key cardinal Principles for running for the office of Senate in the FCT and pledge these to you with my Two Godfathers- The Nigerian Constitution and The Next Generation
To Abuja with Love This Valentines Day
FCT SENATORIAL CANDIDATE
ALLIANCE FOR NEW NIGERIA (ANN)